Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Ditch Toxic Candles and use Diffusers



D

Ditch Toxic Candles and use Diffusers

We have just come off a 14-day challenge to remove chemicals from our homes.  Heidi shared a number of videos during the challenge.  One of those videos was about doing DIY Room Sprays and Diffusers. This sets the scene - read what Heidi was saying: 
🙋‍♀️ Ok, the cat is out of the bag! I was a HUGE candle person. Mostly for the pleasant, home sweet home ambience, they would create. Seasonal scents such as Warm Apple Cider, Pumpkin Spice, Christmas Tree Pine, Spring Is In The Air etc are very popular and can make our homes feel more festive.
Unfortunately, most mass-produced scented candles can have a negative impact on Indoor Air Quality (IAQ). From the wax to the wick to the fragrance itself, the average scented candle can release harmful chemicals into the air — even when unlit. So while you and your family enjoy the fragrance of scented candles in your home, they may be damaging your health.
We would be here ALL DAY if I listed out ALL the many health articles providing evidence of the dangers. Your homework for today is going to be to get on Google and type in "danger of candles" and read for yourself:)
🌿After discovering essential oils, I next learned about the difference of all the many kinds of essential oils you can buy. If you recall, I talked about this in my video on Day 1. Now that I had pure, therapeutic grade essential oils and not fragrance essential oils, I was all set & good to go! I started ditching the candle habits and found the same blends can be made with oils. Let's take a look at DIY's you can make to replace candles with. 
🌈Just a heads up, on this particular topic, I do not have an alternative recipe without essential oils however you could always do a stove top potpourri.

I have done some candle burning and I admit buying candles that smelt really nice and did not realise they were in fact toxic.  We often had sprayed in the toilet and having analysed the label with the app - I no longer want to spray toxic sprays anywhere in my home.

You can always start with the recipe at the top or if you want apple pie check out the recipe at the bottom. 
How do you make DIFFUSER work
Water
6-10 drops Essential Oils - your choice
🌟DIRECTIONS:
Fill to water line. Start with 6 drops and increase according to your preferred strength.
🤗 

1 comment:

  1. LOAN OFFER
    Do you wish to obtain a loan to run a project?
    Are you an Entrepreneur looking for Money to start up a Business or a Firm?
    If yes, then you need worry no more.

    I am Aaron Harbert, I work as a marketing Agent at GRAMEEN BANK. We offer loan to individuals who provides good BUSINESS PLAN with 0.0% interest rate.

    Feel free to Apply via our sites
    www.grameen.com
    Or email me for more details
    Aaron.harbert86@gmail.com
    GRAMEEN BANK
    Bank For The Poor.

    ReplyDelete

Seven Guidelines for Better Lung Health

Take a deep breath.   IN and OUT. IN and OUT. That simplest of actions is the essence of your life. We are completely dependent o...